Prof Mike Smith
- Adjunct Professorial Fellow
- Jean Monnet Professor of European Politics, Loughborough University, UK
Department of Politics, International Relations & European Studies
Leicestershire, LE11 3TU
European-American relations since 1945, European Community external policy making, EC/US/Japan relations, and the role of the European Union in a changing European order, as well as general topics in international relations and policy making.
Other Research Interests
- Relations between the EU and its major economic partners/competitors in the industrial world
- European Union external policy making
- Negotiation in and by the European Union
- EU-US relations and policy making
- Linking processes between internal and external negotiation
- International policymaking and foreign policymaking
- EU relations with the United States, Japan and Asian new industrial economies
Keywords: European Union, external policymaking, negotiation, United States, Japan, Pacific Asia, foreign policy, world politics
See Loughborough website.