Research and Exchanges
The main focus of the NCRE is on research into the European Union from a number of angles, but with special emphasis on the perceptions, identity, development policy and finance in the context of New Zealand in particular and the Asia-Pacific region in general. A number of these threads are explored in the key research projects listed below.
The National Centre for Research has formed key partnerships with a number of research networks and international instutions. Through these networks and institutions there is contestable exchange funding available (see below for more information on how to apply.
Current Research Projects
Other Research Projects
- The EU as a Development Actor Pacific (2006-2008)
- The EU in Asia Pacific Region (2004-2005)
- New Zealand Historical Perceptions of European Integrations (2006-on going)
- The EU’s Outreach and Dialogue with New Zealand (2000-on going)
- NZ European Diaspora (2006-on going)
- Civil Society of the Eastern Partnership in Dialogue (2015)
- NATO Global Perceptions – Views from Asia Pacific” (2014-16)
- Asia in the Eyes of the EU (2009-11)
The NCRE is part of the global academic network NEAR-EU. The project aims at broadening the field of European integration studies by incorporating the domain of higher education in the research and activities of European study centres and departments of international affairs.
Other Research Links
- Research Students - EU-related studies being conducted by our Doctoral and Masters students.
- Publications - contains a database of online publications produced by the Centre and related to the Centre's research.
- Newsletters - contains a database of EU-related academic and non-academic newsletters updated regularly.
- Summer Studentships
Exchange Programmmes and Mobility Funding
European Union Centres Network
- Staff Research Awards for Pilot Project
- Staff Research Exchange
- EUCN Comparative Regional Integration Project (CRIP)
KEEENZ (Knowledge and Expertise Exchange Europe – New Zealand)
The following database gives a full list of research outputs completed by all Academic Staff, Research Fellows and Post Doctoral Fellows based at the Centre since 2000. Research outputs included are Books, Edited Books, Book Chapters, Book Reviews, Journal Articles, News Articles, Conference Papers and Workshops attended.